True story: It’s always been a dream of mine to make McDonald’s at home. I’m finally making that dream come true.
This recipe is part of “Netflix Cooking School,” Delish’s new partnership with Netflix where we bring readers exclusive content tied to the premieres of some of their most popular new (and returning!) food shows.
FOR THE PATTIES
2 (12-oz.) packages Impossible Meat
1 yellow onion, peeled and quartered
1 tsp. kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
Vegetable oil, for grill pan
4 buns, toasted
Tomatoes, sliced into rounds
Onion, sliced into rounds
FOR THE PINK SAUCE
1/2 c. vegan mayonnaise
1/2 c. vegan sour cream
1/4 c. relish
3 tbsp. ketchup
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
FOR THE FRIES
1 package frozen French fries
- Make Pink Sauce: Whisk together ingredients and put in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Make fries: Bake frozen French fries according to package directions.
- Make burger patties: Put onion into a small food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add to a large bowl with Impossible Meat and salt and season with pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Form 1/2 cup of the “meat” mixture into balls and flatten into patties.
- Preheat grill pan over medium heat.
- Drizzle pan with a little oil and cook until well browned, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Spread Pink Sauce on buns, add patty, and top with cheese, lettuce, tomato, and onion.