A new slate of live productions are at the heart of Summer Block Party featuring extreme sports, comedy, music, and favorite Lego characters. At nightfall, guests can conclude a full day of Summer Block Party fun with DJ Brick Beatz.
“Each year, we look for something new and exciting to add to the Legoland California experience,” said Kurt Stocks, president of Legoland California Resort. “Our hope is that each show leaves families with smiles on their faces, music in their heads, and unforgettable memories in their hearts.”
New Summer Block Party Shows at Legoland California
- GO Xtreme! – An extreme sports show with BMX riders, scooters, and skateboarders. It opens in June, later than other new additions
- Once Upon a Brick — The Tale of the Unicorn Knight – An interactive comedy show in Castle Hill
- The Legoland Summer Jam – A concert with hit songs spanning different music periods performed by the Legoland Brass band, and featuring dancers, Lego Banana Guy, and Lego Rocker
- Benny’s Dance Party – A live show hosted by Benny, the spaceship-obsessed sidekick from “The Lego Movie”
- Pirate Captain’s Swashbuckling Jig – A show starring Pirate Captain in search of (what else?) treasure
- The Awesome Suit Crew – Vocalists who perform modern songs in the style of ’80s music
- School of Spinjitzu – A martial arts performance with ninja masters who teach guests how to move like them
Summer Block Party at Legoland California Hotels
The party doesn’t stop at the park gates. Legoland California’s on-site overnight accommodations are getting in on the Summer Block Party fun too.
A dance floor, disco ball, and DJ await at Brick Boogie, the kids’ nightclub inside Legoland Hotel, and over at Legoland Castle Hotel, “knightly” entertainment includes character greetings and storytime.
Year-Round Fun at Legoland California
Summer Block Party is just one of the many highlights for 2023 at Legoland California. Later this year, Legoland California will be a hub of seasonal events. Guests can enjoy fireworks on the 4th of July during “Red, White, & BOOM!,” Halloween fun during “Brick-or-Treat” on Saturdays in October, and a character greeting with Lego Santa during Holidays at Legoland in November and December.
Back in March, the park unveiled the new Lego city of San Diego. Fans voted for the display’s landmarks to include in the display. Petco Park and the San Diego County Fair were among the winners.
Legoland California, along with its sister parks in New York and Florida, also recently became Certified Autism Centers. The parks partnered with the International Board of Credentialing and Continuing Education Standards to undergo staff training for this sensory-friendly distinction.
For more info and to plan your visit, click here.